Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Surprise...Disneyland

I have been planning a surprise trip to Disneyland for the girls for awhile. I arranged for a girlfriend to come with us, for an extra set of hands, plus it would be her first experience as an adult at Disneyland.

We would only be spending one day and only at Disneyland. DD #1 would spend most of the drive guessing where we were going, roller skating, ice skating, and even going to our cousin's house, which was a great guess because they live nearby. It wasn't until we turned off the Katella exit and DD #1 read the sign "Disney" and was so excited!!!!

Her is our day in a nut shell:

Rides ridden:

Pirate of the Caribbean
Haunted House
Casey Jr. Train
Carousel
Tea Cups
It's a Small World
Roller Coaster in Toon Town
Matterhorn (DD#2 was tall enough to ride on it. The girls were not thrilled with the ride)
Autopia
Monorail
Mark Twain

Pictures with Characters:
Mary Poppins and Bert
Jessie
Mickey Mouse

Watched the Parade

Spent time in the Toon Town playing

At the end the girls were able to spend money purchase Sleeping Beauty dolls of their choice. I got silhouettes of the girls made, like what what was done with my brother and I when we were younger. I also got a Mickey Mouse pancake mold for my brother because he makes pancake for the girls all the time.

We didn't stay for the fireworks, due to the fact, we had a very full day and wanted to end on a great note!!!

Left San Diego at 6:30 am and returned at 10:30 pm, I would to it again. A special thanks to my girlfriend for coming along!


























No comments: