Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Move

I need to back up a little bit and explain how we have a pool now.

Last August, my husband took a job down in Tucson.  He moved down there a week before school started for the girls.  I didn't think I would be able to move all the house and get the kids in school in one week, so I stayed in Phoenix.  We talked about moving at their Christmas break, but I felt it would be too hard to have everything packed and that it would too disruptive on the girls to move schools.

He lived in our 5th wheel for almost 6 months, which cut down on the cost of actually renting something bigger.  He would come to PHX on the weekends or on occasion we would come down to Tucson.

He was putting everything he had into his new job, working 50-60 hours a week. Since we didn't have a family to come home to every night he could work those hours.

I was working a part-time job that turned into a full-time job. The girls were going to two different schools and I was trying to pack the house up for the move we were going to make in May. I was asking around if anyone was interested or knew of anyone interested in renting our house in PHX.  I was stressing that we would be paying on our house in PHX and in Tucson.  

We came to the conclusion we would be renting a house in Tucson, instead of buying.  I would find houses and send him on wild goose chase to look at houses on his lunches and after work.  We wanted something that we could put our 5th wheel, a pool, garage, 3 bedroom and within a very small budget. Well, in February we found it.  We signed a lease and he started taking boxes down on the weekends. 

In May, we rented a moving truck and got the rest of our items out of the house.  It was just in time for school to get out and us to go on our vacation to San Diego.  So when the girls and I went to SD, I had boxes waiting for me to unpack when I returned.

As, for our PHX house it did get rented which worked out perfect.


So, we are starting a new chapter of our lives. New areas to explore, new friends, new schools, and new experiences.

No comments: