Monday, June 18, 2012

The Trails Neighborhood Eatery

After hiking Cowles Mtn. my dad, the girls and I heading over to The Trails http://thetrailseatery.com/ for some lunch.  The girls and I first saw The Trials, on Restaurant Impossible with Chef Robert Irvine.  http://www.foodnetwork.com/restaurant-impossible/the-trails/index.html.
As soon as we walked in the restaurant, DD #1 asked if Stacy (owner) was there the hostess said yes she was and would go get her once we were seated.  Sure enough once seated Stacy came out and we were star struck, the girls ran up to her and have her a huge hug. She was so nice and stood there talking to use for quite awhile answer the girls questions and talking about the show.  She said she was working on a new "fair recipe",  which was french toast with peanut butter and bananas inside, deep fried with chocolate and whipped cream on top.  I said I will have one of those, she said it is on the house and you will be the first customer to try it, let me know what you think.  We devoured it!! It was delicious!!
I had the 1/2 sandwich and salad, and the the sandwich was more along the lines of a full sandwich and full of flavor.  My dad had the 1/2 sandwich and soup, again all with lots of flavor.  DD#1 ordered a bowl or soup and fruit and ate all of it, DD#2 got a grilled cheese sandwich.   My dad loved it so much he went back later that week for breakfast with a friend. 





No comments: